Re: archiver problems

From: joel garry <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:00:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 18, 12:33 am, yossarian <> wrote:
> joel garry wrote:
> > Does your alert log have anything to say about it?  Have you
> > considered not lying to Oracle about the dest size?  Do you do
> > backups?  Does /var seem to go away sometimes?
> Thank you Joel for pointing me to the right direction. My problem was
> that I deleted a bunch of archived logs at the O/S level for freeing
> space, but Oracle (obviously) was not aware of this action. Now I
> deleted them from RMAN too and V$RECOVERY_FILE_DEST shows better values.
> I also adjusted the dest size to a realistic value.
> Thanks again.
> Kind regards, Yossarian

You're welcome. Please note I found those in the manuals, just as Mladen said _you_ should. And I learned something too.

-- is bogus.
New research shows depressed kids are better at more detail oriented
tasks than happy kids.  And we already know that caffeine helps those
sorts of tasks.  So drink a lot of coffee and be glad your boss is a
jerk, it makes you a better DBA.