Re: Memory problems, Oracle 10, Win 2003 (32 bit)

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:26:29 +0200

mike.reid wrote:

> Now I am not an expert by a long shot, but the application vendor has
> told us that their rule of thumb is to always force a pagefile that is
> 2.5 times the physical memory (so 10gb in this case).

And the application vendor is?!? Really like to know who to avoid next time....

Contact MicroSoft as to find out how to
use 4GB memory on a 32-bit machine.

Then ask the same MS experts how 10GB of paging file can ever be used by this very same 32-bit thing.

Hints: nope, not.

What are the problems, and why do you think these are memory related?

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel