Re: Effect of listener on existing connections?

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:17:40 +0200

On 16.06.2008 23:48, groups.broberg_at_gmail.com wrote:

> In any case, we haven't figured out how to replicate the scenario yet
> - it only occurs in the production environment, and never showed up
> during our testing. We typically tested a months worth of operation
> at an accelerated rate (anywhere from 4x to 40x the normal speeds, so
> tests finished in 2 - 7 days). We could start running some tests at
> 1x speeds, but given the intermittent rate of failure, it would be
> hard to draw any conclusions from a non-zone-based system that didn't
> fail after running for a month or two.
>
> We may as well kick off a several-month simulation, though, in case we
> start to see this problem occur with regularity.

I don't know Solaris too well but is there any chance to have some monitoring run on the production box that exhibited the error over the course of a week and try to capture circumstances of the error surfacing that way? Maybe you can collect some network statistics along with other data and later analyze it and find the error.

Kind regards

        robert Received on Tue Jun 17 2008 - 01:17:40 CDT

Original text of this message