Re: Unable to connect DBOracle10g from DOS/command prompt

From: <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:36:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 16, 2:21 pm, BeginnerDBA <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have been trying to connect by using DOS/command Prompt to my
> database, but I get an TNS--03505 error. What is weird is I get
> connection withour any problems from my SQL*plus....I checked my
> listener.ora, sqlnet.ora, and tnsnames.ora and they seem to be working
> ok.
> Any idea why is this happening?
> Thanks.

What are you talking about??? From the DOS/Command prompt one usually uses SQL*Plus to connect to a database. If you can connect through SQL*Plus I can't understand what you're doing at the command prompt when trying to connect to your Oracle database.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Jun 16 2008 - 14:36:10 CDT

Original text of this message