Re: How to prevent using shared pool with dynamic sql pivoting?

From: trbosjek <ivan.petrovski_at_t-mobile.hr>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

While not being polite at all, your answer is the only one so far. This is a Data Warehouse environment. Not some OLTP. Even if there would be a 5 minute parsing of a statement(which I assume is impossible), it would be acceptable when the whole select takes half an hour to finish. It's been over a decade since RDBMSs have ceased to be in favor of only some ATM machines and other stuff like this. And, yes before posting this question I have spent ten days trying to find a way NOT TO FLUSH THE WHOLE SHARED POOL, but only the part involved in this. No luck, but even flushing the whole shared pool would not do any harm in this environment(it’s a staging area for ETL). Why on earth is it that people always assume that there is some “Forms Application” that hundreds and thousands of people use on their client side and issue the same or almost the same statement over an over again? Please do not respond any more unless you have some constructive advice to share. Received on Mon Jun 16 2008 - 13:55:08 CDT

Original text of this message