Re: 9iR2 exp -> 10g imp

From: GS <GS_at_GS.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 18:27:55 GMT

joel garry wrote:
> On Jun 16, 10:09 am, GS <G..._at_GS.com> wrote:

>> hpuxrac wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>

>>> Scripting is what it is all about.  You are making me nervous the the
>>> "em GUI" remark.
>> If I only have a few users to create, I just create my script with cut &
>> paste from the GUI's "create like" - "show sql" window. If it's a lot of
>> users then I suggested dbms metadata is a far better method

> I have the same situation (major app uses their own security on top of
> hp-ux users, but I have a few that use the app in a different way),
> and I thank you for the create like suggestion, it was a forehead
> slapper for me. Since I normally don't think even one-time jobs are
> done unless there are scripts.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://www.webundies.com/images/gd082n2m.jpg

IIRC Toad does a nice job of this as well, and I used Embarcadero's DBartisan once in demo mode and I think it generated quite nice create X scripts from existing databases, where you could choose users, tables, proc's etc.

And I should have said "copy with ctrl-c & paste", given that the 9i GUI is java and thats the only way you can copy. Received on Mon Jun 16 2008 - 13:27:55 CDT

Original text of this message