Re: 9iR2 exp -> 10g imp

From: joel garry <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 16, 10:09 am, GS <> wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> snip
> > Scripting is what it is all about.  You are making me nervous the the
> > "em GUI" remark.
> If I only have a few users to create, I just create my script with cut &
> paste from the GUI's "create like" - "show sql" window. If it's a lot of
> users then I suggested dbms metadata is a far better method

I have the same situation (major app uses their own security on top of hp-ux users, but I have a few that use the app in a different way), and I thank you for the create like suggestion, it was a forehead slapper for me. Since I normally don't think even one-time jobs are done unless there are scripts.

-- is bogus.