Index organized table

From: buu <aha_at_a.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 09:49:06 +0200

I'm thinking about some changes in my DB app. to switch one table to an IOT. That table has pri. key wich is always stored in sequence order (in inserting new row).
Currently, that table is 240Mb big (with more than 2 mil. rows) with an average row size of 100 bytes.
There is an pri. key index and a single B-tree index. Size of an pri. key index at the moment is 110Mb.

Is it reccomended to use IOT in my case? How would it affect insert time for a single row? Received on Sun Jun 15 2008 - 02:49:06 CDT

Original text of this message