Ideas on why linux OEL 5.1 server is re-booting?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

One of the systems we are testing on is a quad core xeon 32 gig ram running OEL 5.1 64 bit. I have both 10.2.0.4 64 bit and 11g 64 bit.

Using EMC Clariion and ASM. The ASM is running 11g and the database 10.2.0.4. It is a single instance non cluster. Fairly medium sized database 150 gig or so.

When doing an rman disk backup to local internal disk (cooked file system) the server seems to fail and reboot consistently.

We configured recently and the first couple of tests of this don't result in a crash dump of any kind.

Starting to wonder if perhaps CRS ( which gets thrown in apparently you can't avoid it ) when using ASM is causing us problems.

Ideas anyone? Places to look that might show CRS getting freaky?

It may just be some dicey hardware ... if not and I don't get anywhere well looks like going over to oracle support.

I have a couple other similar systems being tested which are running smoothly so far except using both 11g ASM with an 11g database. This is the only one so far using 10.2.0.4 against 11g ASM.

Thanks in advance! Received on Fri Jun 13 2008 - 19:17:59 CDT

Original text of this message