Re: Effect of listener on existing connections?

From: Robert Klemme <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:16:23 +0200

On 13.06.2008 15:40, wrote:
> We've recently upgraded our system to Oracle, running on
> Solaris (sparc) 10 inside a ZFS zone (our previous system was Oracle
> running on sparc Solaris 8, and was running on that for the
> last 5 years). Since the upgrade 6 weeks ago, we've had two instances
> where our applications (running in the same O/S environment on a
> different node on the cluster) have locked up - existing connections
> to Oracle become unresponsive when executing SQL (with no error
> message - they just block), and attempts to create new connections are
> met with the error:
> "ORA-03135: connection lost contact".

I have zero experience with ZFS zones but in your situation I would try to look that way - just a gut feeling. Did you try OS tools to investigate the issue? Maybe you have a configuration issue which leads to resource conflicts escalating. Maybe opening a case with Sun could help as well.

Kind regards

        robert Received on Fri Jun 13 2008 - 11:16:23 CDT

Original text of this message