Re: Create view from DBA_ROLES for non-privileged users?

From: <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 13, 9:10 am, gazzag <> wrote:
> On 13 Jun, 13:02, wrote:
> > Thanks Ana. They prefer to not use stored procedures in my
> > environment, but I will look into it.
> Out of interest, why?

I believe it has something to do with:

  1. A standard from higher up in the org to keep all business logic, as far as possible, out of the data tier and on an application tier
  2. A standard from higher up in the org to lessen vendor lock-in by reducing the use of vendor-specific database features.

They're not my standards and it's all highly debatable.

Dana Received on Fri Jun 13 2008 - 09:54:17 CDT

Original text of this message