Re: How to join two tables while one is using Date and another is using Timestamp?

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_SHOESyahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:27:07 -0400

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:20:16 -0400, Walt wrote:

> ...query will be dog slow with these

>> functions.

> Also, with the advent of functional indexes, joining over to_char
> shouldn't be such a problem.

Agreed. Once whatever combination of to_char, trunc and round is seen to give the desired results it can be made into a function based index to give better performance.

The problem is I don't see how anything is really going to work locic-wise. The OP is trying to join an "orders" table to an audit log table based on time stamp information. What happens when two orders come in at the same time?

//Walt Received on Fri Jun 13 2008 - 08:27:07 CDT

Original text of this message