Re: 9iR2 exp -> 10g imp

From: GS <GS_at_GS.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:31:48 GMT

Noons wrote:
> On Jun 8, 3:12 am, jeremy <jeremy0..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>>> might be a good idea to use also destroy=n...
>> Oh I looked through the documentation and couldn't find that one - which
>> manual is it in?

> the utilities. Also in the command line, if you type
> "imp help=yes"
> you'll see most of the commands available.
> the default is "n", but I've long ceased to believe in "defaults",
> so I include it anyway.
> And since you're considering using FULL=YES,
> tablespaces become relevant.
>
>> I have had great success using a combination of fingerscrossed=yes with
>> asifbymagic=always

> _hyper-speed=yes
> is also a good one to try, but in the spfile only!

FWIW - I always pre-create the tablespaces and users on the new database, then just import the relevant schemas (from a full=y export from the source db).

Which just reminded me, one of the sessions at OOW 07 was about using exp/imp for upgrading, and some pitfalls and things to watch out for when upgrading this way. I forget what they (things to watch for) were, perhaps I can find it on my DVD set.. Received on Wed Jun 11 2008 - 09:31:48 CDT

Original text of this message