Re: Oracle 9iR2 32bit on windows 2003 server 64bit

From: marco <mputzu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 10:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

On 8 Giu, 18:34, "news.verizon.net" <kenned..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> "marco" <mpu..._at_gmail.com> wrote in message

> What is the "reasoning"?  (Is it some misguided conception that things will
> run faster?)  Oracle won't use the extra memory in the machine.  It can't
> address it.  If Oracle does not support the configuration what is the client
> going to do when they call support and Oracle says "We don't support that
> combination.  Please install into a supported configuration and then we will
> support you."  I hope they aren't niave enough to think that 1. Oracle won't
> say that. 2. They can brow beat the Support Tech/manager etc. into giving
> them support anyway. 3. They won't ever have to call support.  Isn't their
> data important to them?
> Jim

Firstly let me say that I totally agree with you Jim. The reason for the requirement is that oracle will run in a cluster. The application has been written for Oracle 9i. In the same cluster will run another software that needs win 2003 64 bit, so the
solution, in my opinion could be to upgrade the application to 10 g or to install
it in a different cluster.

But, as you can guess, both the solutions aren't up to me, as I act as consultant, I only can
give advices, but cannot take decisions by myself. M. Received on Sun Jun 08 2008 - 12:12:00 CDT

Original text of this message