Re: Goodbye Fedora!

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 08 Jun 2008 11:16:47 GMT

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 00:41:18 -0700, hjr.pythian wrote:

> I don't, in short, see what the problem is. Fedora has always been iffy.

I didn't see it as such.

> It's no more iffy now than it was back when. There are perfectly good
> and very much non-iffy distros at your disposal (and I'd suggest
> OpenSuse wasn't one of them).

Why not OpenSuse? What is iffy about it? I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm just asking.

> And even the iffy ones teach you things
> which will, one day, be of use in an Enterprise setting. And I'd still
> be working hard with openSolaris if I were you!

I considered that, but I am not sure that my PC hardware is supported. I fully agree that OpenSolaris is better then any Linux distribution but the fact of life is that SUN is the company worst hit by the Linux plague. Also, it's not supported by Oracle as well as Linux is.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com