Re: FTS on small Materialized View, should I cache it in the KEEP Pool ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:52:03 +0100

<> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a small MV (1773 rows) that is used in a Query JOIN (the query
> & the explain plan is attached below). Although I already create index
> for the MV, it is always FTS in the query.
> I read a Tuning tips, that FTS on small table should be cached in the
> KEEP POOL, with this command :
> Should I do this ?

That looks like a 10g plan.

The small tables in the keep pool thing was only relevant in 8i and 9i where there was a bug relating to touch counts on small tables subject to tablescans.

If the table deserves to be cached, it will stay in the cache without any help.

Jonathan Lewis

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ