Re: Security changes in 11g

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 07:47:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 4, 11:39 pm, JAW <jwill..._at_aglresources.com> wrote:
> In the past the dba has been able to use the below script prior to 11g
> and be able to connect to schema without password to resolve issues.
>
> It does not seem to work in 11g.
>
> cat buser.sql
> rem
> rem
> set pages 0 lines 200 trims on feedback off verify off echo off
> timing off
> define USERS = '&1'
> connect /
> spool /tmp/tmp.sql
> select 'ALTER USER &USERS IDENTIFIED BY VALUES '
> ||''''||Password||''''||';'
> from DBA_USERS where Username = UPPER('&USERS');
> spool off
> alter user &USERS identified by sneaking;
> connect &USERS/sneaking
> @/tmp/tmp.sql
> host rm /tmp/tmp.sql
> set pages 24 lines 80 feedback o

Your 'CONNECT /' is missing ' AS SYSDBA', which is mandatory since 9.2 or even 9.0.1 (since I skipped that release altogether I am not sure.) Did you jump to 11g straight from 8i?

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Thu Jun 05 2008 - 09:47:49 CDT

Original text of this message