ORA-00001: unique constraint (%s.%s) violated

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:44:14 -0400

Oracle 10g 10.2.0.3.0
Windows 2003 Server

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00001: unique constraint (%s.%s) violated

I'm getting the above error despite the fact that the error line is pointing to a BULK FETCH into a nested table and also that the table being loaded has no constraints defined on it whatsoever.

This very same code ran without problem last month (monthly run) and the last time the code has been changed at all has been back in January 2008.

With the %s.%s in the description I'm wondering if it's a false error and something else is going on. I can make no sense why I'm getting a constraint violation where there is no constraint.

Has anybody else run into anything like this? Received on Wed Jun 04 2008 - 15:44:14 CDT

Original text of this message