Re: what is the best way to change a file name within the same asm disk group?

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:08:41 -0700
> I am using Oracle 10.2.03 on linux.
> I used nid to change the dbname from "test" to "dev", but select name
> from v$datafile still show
> filename as "+data1/test/users.xxxx", so I have to use RMAN "copy
> datafile 'xxx' to '+data1' to change the file path, it is very slow.
> It there any better way to do this?
> Thanks for your help

Why is the name of an ASM data file, or for that matter the name of a database relevant to its use? I'd have changed the entry in the tnsnames.ora and gone to something more interesting.

My advice: The file name is an irrelevancy ... ignore it.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group