Add a new row based on the condition?

From: <iherage_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 01:11:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have designed two tables, one for the main information of maintenance, and the other for additional information. The additional table is used when one column in the main table has the value of 1 meaning we will send it to other company to repair it. So in the additional table we have to record the company name, address, and delivery package number, etc. If we can do it ourself, there is then no need to use the additional table.

I have been thinking about this approach. Is this the right way? I think it might cause the inconsistency of the database and difficulty to maintain the database. But I wonder if there is any alternatives. Any suggests? Thank you a lot. Received on Tue Jun 03 2008 - 03:11:07 CDT

Original text of this message