v$sql_bind_capture – is it buggy?

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:22:09 -0700 (PDT)

I am using Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Windows 2003. I am using V$sql_bind_capture to find values of bind vars used in my query. When I look at the description of v$sql_bind_capture: SQL> desc v$sql_bind_capture;

 ----------------------------------------- --------
----------------------------
 ADDRESS                                            RAW(4)
 HASH_VALUE                                         NUMBER
 SQL_ID                                             VARCHAR2(13)
 CHILD_ADDRESS                                      RAW(4)
 CHILD_NUMBER                                       NUMBER
 NAME                                               VARCHAR2(30)
 POSITION                                           NUMBER
 DUP_POSITION                                       NUMBER
 DATATYPE                                           NUMBER
 DATATYPE_STRING                                    VARCHAR2(15)
 CHARACTER_SID                                      NUMBER
 PRECISION                                          NUMBER
 SCALE                                              NUMBER
 MAX_LENGTH                                         NUMBER
 WAS_CAPTURED                                       VARCHAR2(3)
 LAST_CAPTURED                                      DATE
 VALUE_STRING                                       VARCHAR2(4000)
 VALUE_ANYDATA                                      SYS.ANYDATA

It has a column was_captured. My query has 206 bind vars, I see it only has value YES for this field for ~40 bind vars. Rest of the variables. Its value is NO, as a result VALUE_STRING is not shown (i.e., null).

Why is not capturing all the bind variables. Where can I get values of all bind variables? I do not want to do sql trace with bind variables, I was hoping some v$ provides me all the values. Received on Mon Jun 02 2008 - 21:22:09 CDT

Original text of this message