RMAN DUPLICATE

From: <test_1t_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

I am a newbie in RMAN.
I see in doumentation:
RMAN can perform the duplication either directly from an open or mounted database or from pre-existing RMAN backups and copies.

I run ORCLE 10.2. I've never seen any example of duplecation either only from an open or mounted database or from pre-existing RMAN backups. All examples everywhere combine target and auxiliary databases and backups.

Could somebody provide example or reference to example to separate usage of target database or backup as a source for duplecation?

Thanks in advance Received on Mon Jun 02 2008 - 20:36:46 CDT

Original text of this message