Re: RAC srvctl /bin/java not found

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:56:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 2, 10:46 am, "Pete's" <empete2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 30, 12:29 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:28:51 -0700 (PDT), "Pete's"
>
> > <empete2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >Hi all:
>
> > >Pertinent info:
> > > IBM p55a - 2 lpars w/ AIX 5.3 TL5
> > > Each LPAR has RAC installed, 10.2.0.3 PC 6
>
> > >Node 1 has been spontaneously combusting(rebooting), nice. Oracle
> > >support has not been helpful in solving the problem except to apply
> > >the latest Patch Cluster for 10.2.0.3 or whatever they call it.
> > >Applied it and still spontaneous combusts, but after the latest one I
> > >get the following when trying to use RAC utils on Node 1:
>
> > > $ORACLE_HOME/bin/srvctl[189]: /bin/java: not found
>
> > >Run a 'which java' and find in the path but then for kicks, in /bin I
> > >added a sym link to where the jre resides. Then running the srvctl
> > >util I get the following:
>
> > > srvctl status service -d DB1
> > > The java class is not found:
> > >oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.Constants
>
> > >Obviously something is corrupt now in my rac db home, but what? Not
> > >sure how I'll be able to fix this short of re-installing or restoring
> > >the home from tape. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> > >TIA,
> > >Pete's
>
> > You don't seem to have the env var JDK_HOME (/bin/java arises from
> > JDK_HOME not existing and/or being NULL) and/or you don't seem to have
> > a CLASSPATH environment variable.
> > I can't access a RAC system currently easily, so I can't provide a 100
> > percent correct answer.
> > As far as I recall the .jar files are located in $ORACLE_HOME/svrm.
>
> > Hth
>
> > Sybrand Bakker
> > Senior Oracle DBA
>
> Sybrand:
>
> Thanks for the reply. That would be correct, /bin/java does not exist
> but it is in my PATH. I did not recall JDK_HOME being a variable to
> set for RAC so I went thru the docs again and I did not see it. For
> kicks, I added the env variables.
>
> JDK_HOME/usr/java5_64
> CLASSPATH=$OH/srvm/jlib
>
> I attempted it again and received the same message. I then set:
>
> JDK_HOME=/usr/java5_64/bin
>
> Attempted srvctl again and received the same message. I would be
> curious to find out what you have your variables set to. Also, on the
> second node in this cluster, I do not have this issue with srvctl and
> do not have the above said variables set.
>
> TIA
> Pete's

Tried one other item, I copied the srvctl from my second node to my first(the problem child) and tested it. The copied version worked. So, I then ran a diff on the two files and found that the following variables were not set in the script that is having the problem:

  JREDIR
  JLIBDIR
  NETCFGJAR Once these are set, it works. Check on the date/time of when it changed and found it was changed the same timeframe as to when I applied the latest Patch Cluster for 10.2.0.3. to both nodes in the cluster. It's curious that it's gone on one node and not the other. For now, I think it's solved, but, I'm going to have to have support look at this closer.

TIA,
Pete's Received on Mon Jun 02 2008 - 12:56:57 CDT

Original text of this message