Re: RAC srvctl /bin/java not found

From: Pete's <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 08:46:50 -0700 (PDT)

On May 30, 12:29 pm, wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:28:51 -0700 (PDT), "Pete's"
> <> wrote:
> >Hi all:
> >Pertinent info:
> > IBM p55a - 2 lpars w/ AIX 5.3 TL5
> > Each LPAR has RAC installed, PC 6
> >Node 1 has been spontaneously combusting(rebooting), nice. Oracle
> >support has not been helpful in solving the problem except to apply
> >the latest Patch Cluster for or whatever they call it.
> >Applied it and still spontaneous combusts, but after the latest one I
> >get the following when trying to use RAC utils on Node 1:
> > $ORACLE_HOME/bin/srvctl[189]: /bin/java: not found
> >Run a 'which java' and find in the path but then for kicks, in /bin I
> >added a sym link to where the jre resides. Then running the srvctl
> >util I get the following:
> > srvctl status service -d DB1
> > The java class is not found:
> >oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.Constants
> >Obviously something is corrupt now in my rac db home, but what? Not
> >sure how I'll be able to fix this short of re-installing or restoring
> >the home from tape. Anyone have any ideas?
> >TIA,
> >Pete's
> You don't seem to have the env var JDK_HOME (/bin/java arises from
> JDK_HOME not existing and/or being NULL) and/or you don't seem to have
> a CLASSPATH environment variable.
> I can't access a RAC system currently easily, so I can't provide a 100
> percent correct answer.
> As far as I recall the .jar files are located in $ORACLE_HOME/svrm.
> Hth
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks for the reply. That would be correct, /bin/java does not exist but it is in my PATH. I did not recall JDK_HOME being a variable to set for RAC so I went thru the docs again and I did not see it. For kicks, I added the env variables.

I attempted it again and received the same message. I then set:

Attempted srvctl again and received the same message. I would be curious to find out what you have your variables set to. Also, on the second node in this cluster, I do not have this issue with srvctl and do not have the above said variables set.

Pete's Received on Mon Jun 02 2008 - 10:46:50 CDT

Original text of this message