Re: How to find out version and install security patches?

From: <>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:43:26 +0200

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 04:09:12 -0700 (PDT), "A. Farber" <> wrote:

>On Jun 1, 9:39 am, "A. Farber" <>
>> > You'll need to install Critical Patch Updates aka CPUs
>> So I can't install CPUs for
>Ok, nevermind that. I've found the Linux patch name
>on Google (, Metalink
>wasn't helpful there) and upgraded ->
>> > Please do not ask to provide free scripts.
>If anyone has less bitterness in himself than Sybrand ;-)
>and feels that it is in fact okay to share "free scripts"
>with others on this newsgroup, then please send me
>your useful admin/backup cronjobs/scripts
>Greetings from Germany

There is no bitterness.
There is frustration about incompetent idiot freeloaders like you, who try do dump as much of their work in a forum of volunteers. Why would anyone send you admin/backup cronjob/scripts, without knowing anything about your environment, without requesting payment, knowing you are too lazy to do any research/work of your oiwn?

Slavery has been abolished, the world is no longer suffering from Nazi boots, and concentration camps have all closed down.

Please get lost.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA