Re: Regular Expression

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 15:12:57 +0200

On 30.05.2008 15:28, amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have these expressions in our queries: A + B / C .......
>
> What they want is if any of the numbers are -99999 they should be
> converted to a 0. If they are all -99999 then the result of the
> entire expression should be -99999.
>
> Rather than creating a function where I pass it in as a string and
> parse it, I'm trying to see if I can use a regular expression to do
> some counting alone with a decode or case to do this........
>
> Thanks!

How about adding some detail like the Oracle version, DDL the kind of query you are undertaking etc. From what you write it's not clear at all whether you deal with numbers or strings and what's your input that should be checked for -99999 etc.

        robert Received on Sat May 31 2008 - 08:12:57 CDT

Original text of this message