Re: SQL Server for Oracle DBAs

From: Tony Rogerson <>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 09:06:02 +0100

> Let me see now...
> I know about Oracle, I need to know about SQL Server. But when
> I read something that makes lots of mistakes about Oracle, why
> should I be expected to trust it to be right about SQL Server?
> Mr Morgan may or may not be anti-MS, but he is right about this.
> E.

So you trust in Morgan rather the article.

Here's an example of his bigotry:

His "Storage Concepts" area is just plain wrong; he's been told countless times by many people yet he prefers to persist the incorrect view.

The Oracle Tablespace maps to the SQL Server FileGroup; in SQL Server a single database can have one or many file groups and each file group can have one or many files - we place objects on filegroups.

Now, if Morgan was interested in being "accurate" then he would fix his own article....

Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
[Ramblings from the field from a SQL consultant]
[UK SQL User Community]