Re: SQL Server for Oracle DBAs

From: Eric <>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:12:40 +0100

On 2008-05-30, Tony Rogerson <> wrote:
>On 2008-05-30, DA Morgan <> wrote:
>> This webpage is near zero-value. An Oracle DBA doing this will be nearly
>> clueless based on the very substantial amount of information that is
>> either incorrect or missing.
>> Among the obvious factual errors:
>> "Because an extent is a contiguous allocation of blocks, large extents aid
>> in better I/O rate while reading huge amounts of data."
>> "Oracle tablespaces are at the instance level."
> I think because you are so anti-MS that we will let the reader decide if it
> adds value.

Let me see now...

I know about Oracle, I need to know about SQL Server. But when I read something that makes lots of mistakes about Oracle, why should I be expected to trust it to be right about SQL Server?

Mr Morgan may or may not be anti-MS, but he is right about this.

E. Received on Fri May 30 2008 - 17:12:40 CDT

Original text of this message