audit statement for tracking alter table?

From: rgvguplb <rgvguplb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 12:09:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

What is the appropriate AUDIT command if you want to track ALTER TABLE statements?

I have standard auditing enabled, using 11g on RHEL 5.1 and issued AUDIT TABLE; from the sys user.

I created a table using a different user, then checked dba_audit_trail. There was a new record created with ACTION_NAME = 'CREATE TABLE'. Then i modified the table using alter table add column2 varchar2(30);

went back to the sys user and checked dba_audit_trail and no new audit record seems to have been created.

So i tried again, this time with AUDIT ALTER TABLE; then i added another column to a table, but after that and checking dba_audit_trail, still no new audit record.

am i using the wrong AUDIT statement/s?

thanks Received on Fri May 30 2008 - 14:09:07 CDT

Original text of this message