Re: High Availability Options

From: Toni Schmidbauer <toni_at_stderror.at>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:06:02 +0200

At Wed, 28 May 2008 11:20:23 -0700 (PDT), Pat wrote:
> Which brings me here. Are there any other best practises or
> recommended approaches for a High Availability Oracle configuration
> that don't rely on dataguard and Oracle Enterprise?

we (datacenter for banks in little austria) are using sun cluster (sc) as a solution for our mission critical databases. nowadays sc 3.2 under solaris 10. oracle is well supported under sc and in the last 3-4 years this solution has been proven to be very stable. only drawback is the failover time for the database(s) which is between 1-4 minutes. but it depends on the application using the database if this is a problem.

feel free to ask further questions

hth
toni

--
If you understand what you're doing, you're | toni at stderror dot at
not learning anything.                      | Toni Schmidbauer