Re: Oracle external view schema discrepancy

From: <strepxe_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:08:43 -0700 (PDT)

update - i was mislead. the view is built on base tables which use unconstrained number data types i.e. field01 NUMBER rather than field01 NUMBER(x) for integer. the inital information was miscommunicated to me. its creating a problem for us as our application uses the schema definition to create a mask for displaying float values with local specific decimal and thousands separators. your idea about CAST seems to offer a solution to force a description of the fields we can work with. will let you know what happens. thanks for the advice! Received on Wed May 28 2008 - 13:08:43 CDT

Original text of this message