Re: it possible to recover drop table in oracle 9i

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:49:56 -0700 (PDT)

On May 28, 6:48 am, "rajnikant.par..._at_gmail.com" <rajnikant.par..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have accidently drop a table, Is it possible to recover this table
> in oracle 9i ?
> I have no backup
> and My database is running in archive log mode.
>
> Can i recover a table from log file ?
>
> Thank you
>
> Raj

Just kind of thinking out loud here. You may be able to recover all insert statements using logminer on all archived logs since the table was created.

Whether that is insane depends on things like how long the table has been around and how many inserts there have been... but even some people with backups have had to apply months worth of arcs when they screw up.

Having a backup strategy that allows a large spread of options is really worthwhile.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
THEM!  http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/CDN/News.asp?id=48425