Re: it possible to recover drop table in oracle 9i

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 07:09:38 -0700 (PDT)

On May 28, 5:48 pm, "" <> wrote:
> Dear All
> I have accidently drop a table, Is it possible to recover this table
> in oracle 9i ?
> I have no backup
> and My database is running in archive log mode.
> Can i recover a table from log file ?
> Thank you
> Raj

Since 9i doesn't have flashback functionality, your only option is to perform incomplete recovery (point-in-time recovery) to the time just before the drop, export the table and then restore the database (for example, from a cold backup taken just before the incomplete recovery,) and import the table. This obviously requires a full backup taken before the drop which you don't seem to have, so the answer is "regrettably no."

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm) Received on Wed May 28 2008 - 09:09:38 CDT

Original text of this message