Re: SQL Server for Oracle DBAs

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:36:14 +0100

On 2008-05-27, Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net> wrote:
>> So you are insulting me on the basis that I agreed with something you
>> said. Was my mistake to not agree with everything you said?
>
> Perhaps next time you might not start your answer to one of my legitimate
> threads with....

Your legitimate thread? Since when can you own a thread in any forum, let alone Usenet? You didn't even start it.

> "talk about Oracle from a position of
> knowledge rather than one of ignorance"
>
> "criticising Oracle "

The first of those was conditional, the second true. In what way is that aggressive?

> My first reply was the post below which is accurate (ORacle recommend SAME)
> and you now seem to be aggreeing with me - so next time just cut the
> instulting crap and stop trying to be an idiot like what's expected from the
> likes of Morgan and Sybrand; you need to learn if you take a particularly
> agressive tone with people you'll more than likely get that tone back....

What I agreed with was the need to recognise that the two products are very, very different. Your example was suspect - it's only a paper, a possible solution, and we all know that there are no silver bullets, no on-size-fits-all ideal setup. (Or do we?)

> <repeat of earlier statement snipped>

And still no-one has answered the original question, my version of which is:

What document should I read for SQL Server that gives as good a description of what it does and how it works as the Concepts Guide does for Oracle?

E. Received on Tue May 27 2008 - 16:36:14 CDT

Original text of this message