Re: SQL Server for Oracle DBAs

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 21:48:56 +0200

On Tue, 27 May 2008 05:31:05 +0100, "Tony Rogerson" <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net> wrote:

>Whatever you do, don't try and apply Oracle theory and practices against a
>SQL Server install - the two products are very very different and have very
>different strategies for dealing with performance and scalability; take
>one - I believe in ORacle the recommend practice is to create one RAID 10
>array and plonk the data on that; in SQL Server we don't do it that way - we
>put the logs on their own mirrored pair; we put the data on it's own RAID 10
>array etc...

Rogerson,
You can repeat whatever crap opinions (rising out of ignorance) you have about Oracle ad nauseam, that doesn't make them true. Do you really think you do you Steve or Bill (by whom you have been truly enslaved) a service to promote the toy database of the 20st and the 21st century by slamming Oracle.
Heck, any version of Windows has been unscalable by design, and Mickeysoft still requires vendor lock-in. Could you please come back only when your toy database, and especially YOU have grown up, so you can point to advantages instead of just trolling and slamming Oracle.

Thanking you, and now please back to the garbage bin where you belong in the first place.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA