Re: instant client RH EL 4.4 sqlplus

From: <kbloomfield_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 06:00:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt replies!

Have unset ORACLE_HOME - same result.

[user_at_server02 instantclient_10_2]$ ldd sqlplus

        libsqlplus.so (0x0069d000)
        libclntsh.so.10.1 (0x00751000)
        libnnz10.so (0x00154000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00111000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x00115000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x004ca000)
        libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0x0035a000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x00370000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x0013d000)

Actually there is no other Oracle software on the box. The intention is to spin up an Oracle gateway on this box which will pull data off another box and squirt it into clustered Oracle also on a dfferent box.

This gateway requires the installation of the Oracle Instant Client - although the gateway does not need the sqlplus add-on to instant client, I am pretty sure an sqlplus prompt is going to be helpful!

[user_at_server02 instantclient_10_2]$ ls

BASIC_README    classes12.jar  glogin.sql         libnnz10.so
libociei.so      libsqlplus.so    ojdbc14.jar
SQLPLUS_README  genezi         libclntsh.so.10.1  libocci.so.10.1
libocijdbc10.so libsqlplusic.so sqlplus

Kevin