Re: Create table for append only

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:10:26 -0700

Andrea wrote:

> My version of oracle DB is 10g R3...

There is no such thing as 10g R3. Do you mean 10.2.0.3?

... and there are four primary key on 40 columns,

No there aren't there can only be one primary key on any table. Do you mean the primary key consists of 4 columns? If so, 4 out of 40, I wouldn't be heading toward an IOT.

> Does IOT table add complexity on manage database?

No.

But you still have not indicated how it will be accessed. My suggestion would be to try it both ways and test.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor