Re: SQL Server for Oracle DBAs

From: Tony Rogerson <>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:06:05 +0100

> Way back when in oracle most of the dba's did understand to get
> different disks and isolate their online log IO patterns from the rest
> of the database. Go back to reading the concepts manual if you don't
> get this part.

Whilst I recognise you are just being dumb for my benefit this is exactly what I was saying and there is no need for me to read any oracle concepts manual.

The point I made was that the way you layer the raid array in oracle and sql server are totally different - oracle recommends SAME, in sql server we do something different.

Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
[Ramblings from the field from a SQL consultant]
[UK SQL User Community]