Re: Graphical Oracle administration

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:48:58 -0700

Luigi wrote:

> This is a great link!!!
> One more question: if you have two different applications APP1 and
> APP2 that use unrelated data, in Oracle would you create two databases
> A1DB and A2DB or two schemas A1SCHEMA and A2SCHEMA in the same APPDB?
> Thank you all for your support.
> Luigi.

You schemas: Provided, and it is an important provision, the two applications could run, patch, and upgrade, on a single database version and provided, should there be downtime required, I could bring them up and down together.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group