Re: Create table for append only

From: <madhusreeram_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:19:28 -0700 (PDT)

On May 23, 8:04 am, Andrea <netsecur..._at_tiscali.it> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> sorry for my question but i would like to give some tips for create a
> table in 10g database.
> This table have 40 colums and start with few rows, about 2 thousand,
> but it will increase soon (it appends hundred rows every day) only
> through append transactions. I thinked to create a IOT table (index
> organized) and maybe partition it also.
>
> So if this kind of table has not updates but only append and select,
> which are the best practices in this case?
>
> thanks for advice
> Andrew

I assume by "append" you mean adding more rows to the table, not the "append" hint. I suggest minimizing PCTFREE value, which by default is 10%, so you get to pack more data into the blocks. Before you plan on setting it to 0, make sure to provide a appropriate value for INITRANS. -Madhu Sreeram Received on Fri May 23 2008 - 12:19:28 CDT

Original text of this message