Re: SQL Server for Oracle DBAs

From: JAW <jwilliam_at_aglresources.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:58:22 -0700 (PDT)

On May 22, 3:10 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> NetComrade wrote:
> > Anyone can recommend some links, some books?
>
> > We support about two dozen Oracle dbs, and seems like we'll be getting
> > a few SQL Servers to look into, and are just not read to hire a SQL
> > DBA yet, but we'll look into outsourcing some stuff initially (and
> > learn along).
>
> > Thanks
> > We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR2, 10g2RAC on RH4/RH5 and Solaris 10 (Sparc)
> > We use RMAN and remote catalog for backups
>
> I've looked at a lot of materials and not seen anything I would
> recommend except to people I didn't like.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington

Join,

SSUG Install it on your machine and start playing with ith

Join SSUG - great sight

sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sql-server-performance.com/

We have SQL Server Oracle and DB2

SQL Server at the high end is more complex than people think. Received on Thu May 22 2008 - 14:58:22 CDT

Original text of this message