Re: jdbc icc connection cache

From: <kuassi.mensah_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:37:20 -0700 (PDT)

On May 21, 2:20 pm, "jim. dot scuba dot kennedy at gee male dot com" <jim.scuba.kenn..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience using Oracle's JDBC ICC (implicit
> connections cache) with RAC? We are on 10G. What I am looking for is
> if anyone is using this and their overall experience. Good bad, etc.
> Thanks,
> Jim Kennedy

Hi,

I am the Oracle JDBC product manager, not a customer. I don't have permission to give names but there are happy customers using ICC with RAC as well as Fast Connection Failover and Runtime Connection Load Balancing.
Fwiw, my blog entry http://db360.blogspot.com/2007/01/is-your-java-application-failoverproof.html, gives a summary of how it works and how to enable it.

Kuassi

- blog http://db360.blogspot.com
- book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1555583296