Re: Graphical Oracle administration

From: Luigi <newsgroupusr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 07:45:53 -0700 (PDT)

> True, but the SQL Server 'definition' of a 'database' differs
> DRASTICALLY from the Oracle definition, of which you're apparently
> unaware.
> A 'database' in SQL Server is used to colocate data and tables which are
> related to each other; this is the purpose of the SCHEMA in Oracle.

I read the concepts guide, thank you.

So if I want to create two database MANAGEMENT and CONFIGURATION, in SQL Server I have to create TWO DB, while in Oracle I have to create ONE DB and TWO SCHEMAS.
How much SQL Server schemas have I to create, one? SQL Server schemas can be compared to Oracle databases?

Thanks,
Luigi. Received on Thu May 22 2008 - 09:45:53 CDT

Original text of this message