Re: Rebuilding the system schema

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:35:53 -0700
> schema which dropped some of the objects- it seems that the system
> works but some features do not work such as dropping a user - Is there
> a way to rebuild the system schema to get all of the objects back in?

What version?

Likely you can rebuild by running the same installation scripts Oracle uses us as catalog.sql and catproc.sql. But based on the fact that you already did something more than a little destructive I am very hesitant to suggest a course of action as you might just make things worse. Is this a production database?

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group