Re: Using Oracle APEX (ApplicationExpress) on VMS / installing mod_plsql on apache

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 05:42:34 -0700 (PDT)

On May 20, 10:24 pm, "Syltrem" <> wrote:
> Hello
> I have the Apache web server and Oracle databases already running on my VMS
> servers.
> I would like to start using APEX from Oracle, and that requires mod_plsql to
> be configured. Since the Apache web server is from the Oracle distribution,
> it is installed, and the web server is functional. I don't really know how
> to test mod_plsql though.
> The installation guide does not mention VMS of course, but all I'm being
> told is that it only requires the mod_plsql loaded in apache, to run.
> Is anyone using APEX in this environment ?
> Was it a tough thing to implement ?
> Also I would like to simply run it out of my HP distribution of Apache if at
> all possible (it's much smaller that that of Oracle and I already have my
> intranet site there). It shouldn't be overly difficult to move over the
> mod_plsql from one installation to the other ?
> I'm still trying to figure this out and thought I could see if others did
> this already.
> Thanks
> --
> Syltrem information and help, en franšais)

mod_plsql only runs on Oracle'a Apache-based httpd and is not compatible with Apache httpd (Oracle modified it in a way that prevents Oracle modules from being loaded in other Apache variants,) so you can't use it with default vendor distributions. Step 12 describes how to setup Oracle's httpd for ApEx. ApEx itself is platform-independent, so this description applies to VMS as well.

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm) Received on Wed May 21 2008 - 07:42:34 CDT

Original text of this message