Re: Using Oracle APEX (ApplicationExpress) on VMS / installing mod_plsql on apache

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 05:42:34 -0700 (PDT)

On May 20, 10:24 pm, "Syltrem" <syltremz..._at_videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have the Apache web server and Oracle databases already running on my VMS
> servers.
>
> I would like to start using APEX from Oracle, and that requires mod_plsql to
> be configured. Since the Apache web server is from the Oracle distribution,
> it is installed, and the web server is functional. I don't really know how
> to test mod_plsql though.
>
> The installation guide does not mention VMS of course, but all I'm being
> told is that it only requires the mod_plsql loaded in apache, to run.
>
> Is anyone using APEX in this environment ?
>
> Was it a tough thing to implement ?
> Also I would like to simply run it out of my HP distribution of Apache if at
> all possible (it's much smaller that that of Oracle and I already have my
> intranet site there). It shouldn't be overly difficult to move over the
> mod_plsql from one installation to the other ?
>
> I'm still trying to figure this out and thought I could see if others did
> this already.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Syltremhttp://pages.infinit.net/syltrem(OpenVMS information and help, en français)

mod_plsql only runs on Oracle'a Apache-based httpd and is not compatible with Apache httpd (Oracle modified it in a way that prevents Oracle modules from being loaded in other Apache variants,) so you can't use it with default vendor distributions.

http://oraclepitstop.wordpress.com/2008/04/16/installing-configuring-apex-application-express-htmldb-with-10gr2-on-windows-xp/ Step 12 describes how to setup Oracle's httpd for ApEx. ApEx itself is platform-independent, so this description applies to VMS as well.

Hth,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Wed May 21 2008 - 07:42:34 CDT

Original text of this message