Re: Oracle Waiting for a process to open the other end of the pipe.

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:00:12 +0200

Fabio Zanotti wrote:
> Hi all, now I have also set the LogOn Account of Listener Service as
> PC Administrator so Oracle and listener Services start correctly
> during the machine reboot
> without error messages into Event Viewer;
> but I don't understand WHY!

Because it says so in the installation manual? You need local administrative rights.
And for pete's sake, do it; set up a local account, add it to the adminitrators group, and start installing. It's been discussed a zillion times, although I must admit, I've not seen these symptoms.

FvB Received on Wed May 21 2008 - 07:00:12 CDT

Original text of this message