Select Statement

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:38:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We have a procedure where we store the SELECT statements in a table, and the procedure grabs them from the table and appends the WHERE clause.....etc.....

In a few of the SELECTS we have formulas: A + B, A + B - C, A + B - C / D.......

Sometimes the values that come in are legit, this is no problem. Other times they come in a -99999.

What they want is that for a given formula (A + B), if ANY of the values are -99999, then replace that value with a zero and perform the formula. Easy, you can use DECODE.

However, if ALL the values in the formula are -99999, then leave the result of the formula as -99999.

How can this be done? I can use a VERY cryptic DECODE statement. But because the number of arguments in the formula can vary.....I do not know if I can create a function to be called to process the values passed, such as the value and the operator......this would be passing arrays from a SQL statement......

Can this be done????

Thank you! Received on Tue May 20 2008 - 15:38:20 CDT

Original text of this message