Tools for moving data from mySQL to Oracle

From: Pat <pat.casey_at_service-now.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:35:59 -0700 (PDT)

We have a number of databases in house, including a fair number of mySQL databases. Some of these have grown to the point (and the data on them gotten critical enough), that we're considering moving them to Oracle (10G R2).

Does anybody have any experience with tools and/or techniques to automate the process and have some advice to share?

I'm fairly confident I could take the output of the mySQL dumps (which is plain text), run a perl script or something over it to fix up the SQL syntax, and get things to work, but I'd rather not go down that road if there's an existing solution out there. Received on Tue May 20 2008 - 09:35:59 CDT

Original text of this message