Cannot Get DBCA to Work

From: Dereck L. Dietz <>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:12:47 -0400

Oracle 9i
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

I just reinstalled Oracle 9i on my desktop because I wanted to play around with some stuff and was worried about installing 10g and having to use a loopback adapter like I did on my laptop. I know this is an old unsupported version but for what I wanted to play around with this is perfect and I don't know what the affect of a loopback adapter would have on my main computer that I have connected to my internet connection and router.

I used to have 9i on this computer before I had a hard drive crash and it did work.

However, I can't get the DBCA to come up so I can use it to create/drop databases. Does anybody remember experiencing this phenomena and, if so, would you be so kind as to point me in the direction I should go to to correct this to get it working?

Thanks Received on Sun May 18 2008 - 20:12:47 CDT

Original text of this message