Re: ora-1950 on import

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

On May 15, 6:33 am, Chuck <skilover_nos..._at_bluebottle.com> wrote:
> What would cause this? I am exporting data from schema S1 in database
> D1, and importing into schema S2 in database D2. In S1, everything is in
> the USERS tablespace. I set up the default tablespace in S2 to be TS2,
> grant unlimited quota on TS2 and no quota on USERS. S2 btw is starting
> out empty. Out of 100 tables, 96 of them correctly loaded into
> tablespace TS2, however on 4 of them I got ora-1950 - no privileges on
> tablespace 'USERS'. Why?

Poking about on metalink, I noticed bug 7013409 (for 11g). It seems to be saying unlimited tablespace does not apply to partitioned tables??? Maybe I'm misreading into it.

Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem (are you partitioning?), but that seems strange to me.

Anyways, there's also some left-field stuff on metalink about how revoking certain grants from roles can have the effect of undoing unlimited ts, if you've done anything like revoke resource, very odd for a privilege you can't grant to a role.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
But what if someone gave me a PDA and it just sits on the shelf?